Name Tage

Name Tage

Email Address

austin.montgomery@myldsmail.net

Monday, May 5, 2014

3 Words. Skype is Approved.

Sounds like it is a great time back home! I can't believe how fast it's gone by! Before you know it, I'll be home and 20 lbs lighter! (Elder Snow and I are doing great with losing weight. He's lost 10 lbs already and I weighed in at 221.8 this morning). I can't believe Matthew is going there as well! I'll definitely be able to go out to work with him. Where I'll be living and Spanish speaking? I can't wait! 
In our e-mail today President told us we will be able to use Skype for our calls home from now on. That's super exciting! We've had a great week like always and next week will be even better! We had stake conference and it was great. President Slaughter spoke on Saturday evening and basically sent us the exact same message in our e-mail today so I'm going to cheat and paste it her for y'all. I'm excited for Mother's day and I hope everyone makes Mother's day great for their mom! 

Love,
Elder Montgomery

Dear Sisters and dear Elders of the great Texas San Antonio Mission:

To the meridian Twelve (although they were at the time only eleven in number), the Lord gave this instruction: "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned" (Mark 16:15 - 16; see also Mormon 9:23).

That same instruction has been restored to those who preach the gospel in our day; except today, the Lord emphasizes an additional prerequisite: "Purify your hearts before me; AND THEN go ye and preach my gospel unto every creature who has not received it; and he that believeth and is baptized shall be saved, and he that believeth not, and is not baptized, shall be damned" (D&C 112:28-29).

As the Lord hastens His work, a missionary’s personal purity becomes even more essential to this work. Note the penetrating word of the Lord: "Behold, I will hasten my work in its time. And I give unto you, who are the first laborers in this last kingdom, a commandment that you assemble yourselves together... and prepare yourselves, and sanctify yourselves; yea, PURIFY YOUR HEARTS, and cleanse your hands and your feet before me, that I may make you clean" (D&C 88:73 - 74).

Even Isaiah saw our day, in which Zion was to receive its "wake up call." The Lord’s people were called to "awake," then leave the world to serve the Lord: "Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch no unclean thing... be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the LORD" (Isaiah 52:1, 11).

Can you see that missionary work and personal purity are inseparably connected?

May we purify our hearts, that we may be one and worthy of the great blessings of the hastening and the harvest.

I love you! I trust you! All in!

James E. Slaughter

President, Texas San Antonio Mission

To Padre:

Sounds like a busy weekend! But busy is always more preferable than lazy. I did see lots of photo bombing. Almost impressive. With whom did Zach go to prom? (I'm working on not ending sentences with prepositions because it does not work at all in Spanish) I did not recognize her. That is a shame that you'll miss the hot dog cookout. Next time you'll just have to make sure you bring double the non-members. Uh, oh. Watch out neighborhood! 
That's super exciting about working on patience! We had stake conference this past weekend and the temple president's wife talked about preparing for eternal marriage. She said that how we treat our family growing up is how we will treat our family of which we stand as the head. She talked about how if we get angry and yell or abuse growing up, it won't magically change when we're older. Now I thought I was doing pretty good in this department. Obviously, I've had a few blowups in the past but nothing too bad. Then she essentially pierced my confidence. She said that if we ignore our family and just go to our room and leave the situation, that won't change either and it's just as harmful to relationships. Welp, that hit me a little hard. So I'm glad that you are working on it and I will join you in your quest. 
I promise you that if I ever do need some extra help, I will let you know. I'm doing fine and I should be doing fine for a while. Just make sure everything of Zach's is good (Granted, he'll probably get lots of cool and new stuff in Utah, so once he's settled in there, you can turn your attention back to me :)).

No comments:

Post a Comment