Name Tage

Name Tage

Email Address

austin.montgomery@myldsmail.net

Monday, September 23, 2013

My favorite thing about Texas... I guess that it's so similar to home

Awesome about the job interview! I really hope that you get it! That would be so great! Que suave! It's cooled down here the past couple days, too and it feels flat out wonderful! I hope it stays this way but who knows in Texas? Sounds like the JV team is getting better! Good to hear Madeline is winning some and playing well. Good to hear about Katie, too! Was it my imagination or was she spiking a ball? Could've just been the angle but it looked cool! Sam Allen is awesome and I'm glad Zach has the chance to work with him! I wish that I would've been able to! Haha of course Ben fumbled the ball! Doesn't he still have a cast? 
Glad to hear about the Bravos! Are they projecting to win the championship? That's a miracle about Cousin Damond. I'm glad to hear that all is well. 
Most memorable dinner was a missionary panel potluck thingy. The food wasn't great, but afterwards, Elder G and I and a couple return missionaries answered some of the youth's questions about missionary work. It was in Spanish so I couldn't really get out exactly what I wanted, but it went well enough! We go to Church On Sunday and then go about like a regular day. The new missionaries always come in on transfers. I understand the gist of what they're saying but I couldn't translate them. My favorite thing about Texas... I guess that it's so similar to home. We haven't really met any rude people yet. Of  course, we mostly work with members so they usually aren't too rude. I've driven once and I haven't seen any Atlanta traffic yet but we're not usually on the interstate. We have a microwave, no crockpot.
We currently have one young man set for a baptism on Oct. 19th. His name is R, is 17, and plays a bunch of different sports. He's awesome! He was working with the 1st Ward Elders and we finally met him this week. We taught the Restoration and it was awesome! We've talked a lot about the Fall and the Atonement of Christ this week and the necessity of both. Without the Fall of Adam, we couldn't be here. We would be in a state of ignorance. It's basically like if the teacher handed us a multiple choice test, except there was only one bubble for each answer that could be filled in. What would that show the teacher? Only that we could bubble a circle. We couldn't show to our Teacher that we had gained knowledge and experience and are worthy to live with him again. That brings us to the Atonement. It's like if my sisters were in a fight with a bully (representing sin) and I stepped in to destroy the fight (overcoming both spiritual and physical death). I wouldn't ask my sisters for a repayment of money or anything. Rather, I would merely ask that they do as you and Father teach them because you know the way. Would they be indebted to me because of saving their lives? Technically, yes. But I would never put it like that. The best repayment that I could have is that they honor their father and mother and stay strong in the Gospel. It's just like that with us and Christ. He's done the impossible for us and all he asks us to do is to listen to the Father, to follow his commandments so that we can live with him again. I testify that this is the work of God, and just like Daniel saw in the King's dream, this is the stone of Christ that cannot and will not be stopped by the world! Stay safe in Georgia.

Les amo,
Elder Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment