Yes things did indeed change. No worries about anyone. So Tuesday morning, we were cleaning out our apartment getting ready for our move that was going to be on Saturday. We were on the way to Goodwill with a bunch of stuff, when I get a call from one of the Assistants to the President. The first thing he told me was that there had been an accident. So that kind of freaked me out at first. But turns out, Elder Y, who came in with me, did something to his knee last Pday playing basketball (of course) and couldn't ride his bike. Which is kind of a problem because this is an all bike area. So I was transferred during Transfers to the Timber Ridge ward with Elder J. So Elder Y and I basically switched places. Nothing too major. The apartment is definitely a lot nicer than Soapworks. It's not as nice as the one I was going to move into, but it has a washer and dryer and no mold or bugs so it's all good. The ward is pretty awesome! We get fed literally every single night. It's probably close to the size of our ward. There's also a young couple from Kennesaw and Douglasville and they're awesome! They both work at USAA. Actually, a ton of the members work at USAA so I have a hookup if I need it. The biking is going pretty well. Thank goodness it's been perfect weather or else I may have died. The bike seat is not comfortable at all and Elder J has been in a full bike area going on his 6th transfer.Elder J is going to Utah and he will never play for BYU. My quads are constantly sore now. We still study Spanish every day and I will continue to do so for the rest of my mission. I have a normal bed now so I'm sleeping on the bed. We've had some pretty good lessons lately. It was weird teaching in English but I think I'm getting the hang of it. We had something like 6 investigators at church yesterday. It was awesome! We're teaching a lot of younger people. It's so awesome to see people at church! I think that covers all the whole situation this week but it seems you know more about what's going on than me so it's all good.
Love,
Elder Montgomery
Dad's letter
We don't actually have a car... So that's kind of sad. I know if it's on DVD then I can listen to it in the apartment but I don't know if that'll carry over to any car I would receive in the future. Well I think the goals may have only been like 9'10" so that might have helped me. It is barely dunking, though. Once I'm over my constant biking soreness, I'll start working out with Elder J and get ripped to shreds! He eats so healthy. Like he buys and eats broccoli and peppers. It's awesome! The Book of Mormon reading is going great so far. I started over again this transfer and I'm studying Christ like attributes. It's amazing what you can learn when you search for something. Time is starting to go by fast now. It's so great! The days are long but the weeks are short. Haha maybe someday Ben will have hands like glue like me!
Tell everyone I'm doing well and if they miss me then they should get baptised! :) Sounds like a good plan to me.
Remember that we all must go through the refiner's fire!
Love,
Elder Montgomery
No comments:
Post a Comment