Well that's unfortunate to hear about Sis Gwilliam. How is she doing? Was the fever in relation to knee or did it just compound the problem? Well once she figures it out she could be the best in the county. I just don't think she's patient enough or willing to work for it. She could go her whole high school career winning every tip, though. We still have the baptism on New Years day. It will be pretty fun! Elder Hobbs goes home on Friday so I assume we'll be back to just a regular companionship. Was there anything interesting news from other missionaries?
Love,
What time is Zach Skyping? Our Bishop is flexible with the time that we do it so let me know pronto so I can tell him what time we're coming over. Well, I put all the ones that we're wrapped under the tree so I hope I did okay. My birthday was pretty great! We had an excellent dinner with roast and potatoes. And some tasty jello. I think you should've been getting a couple pictures lately. Round Rock is fantastic!!! I hope that I get to stay here for the rest of my mission. It's so fantastic! The topography seems to be fairly similar but it's always easier to tell when you're on a bike. The work has been going pretty well. My companions have been sick on and off this past week so we haven't been able to do too much. And we took our car into the shop on Tuesday so we've been walking everywhere but hopefully we get the car back before Christmas. We set a baptismal date with B for Jan 1st!!! How perfect of a day is that? I finally get to have my first baptism that isn't just a little kid. B is the man. He got us Christmas presents and he got me a birthday present! Christmas conference was fantastic. Lots of delicious barbeque and I saw Elder Snow!!! It was exciting. The talent show was well... devoid of talent. Katie could've sung better than some of them. President taught on the nature of the infinite Atonement and divinity of Christ. He made sure that we realized that Christ is indeed God. At times in the church, we become so focused on distinguishing between the members of the Godhead that we lose sight of the fact that Christ in indeed God. If not, the Atonement could not have been infinite in nature. I'm excited for Christmas! It's the greatest season and people are so much warmer to us. Christ is the gift to us. During these times of commercialization, we forget why we even give gifts. Some may say we do it for fun. Others may reference the wise men. But God gave the first gift, and that gift was his Son, Jesus Christ and his Atonement. May we ponder the eternal truths of Christ during this season!
Love,Elder Montgomery



No comments:
Post a Comment