Name Tage

Name Tage

Email Address

austin.montgomery@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

It's like dejavu all over again..

 Jan 12th 2015 letter

Who would've thought that Zach's bike would get stolen before mine? Well mine is on a 2nd story balcony so hopefully no one climbs up to take it. Poor Peeps. Hopefully she can get better so she can hold on for Duncan's triumphant return. She is pretty old, though Texas is fantastic. I love Round Rock! I could definitely live here if need be. 
We are driving a car, thank goodness. I can barely handle this 40 degree weather. I doubt I'll be transferred but it's definitely within the realm of possibility. It's not too weird with only two of us. The majority of our mission has just been 2 elders to a companionship so it's all good. This past week was pretty good. We might have a new investigator soon from a Part Member family. The husband is a very less active member and he's recently married within past 5 years or so. She's Ukrainian and is interested in studying with us. I'll let you know how that turns out. Also, I was able to ordain B to the office of a Priest in the Aaronic Priesthood. That was a first for me so it was exciting. He's starting his Family History and we're going to be learning right along with him. I'm definitely working on it. I think I'm about 2 pounds heavier so if I can just consistently gain, I'll be okay. I definitely do need a lot of weight, though. I've been getting in pretty good shape. I run a lot when we play. I try to run around the most. I don't go super seriously but just focus on conditioning. I hope your  week is a little slower and that everyone is able to adjust. 
The Priesthood is the power of God. We must seriously and always remember and honor it. With great power, comes great responsibility. We must administer to the needs of the those around us and constantly be watching for those whom we can serve. Miracles happen as we stay worthy and always walk in the Spirit. As our faith stays centered in Jesus Christ, we will be able to become more and more like him. 
Love,
Elder Montgomery

Jan 19th 1015 letter

So we've had a pretty interesting day and week. Which is why I'm emailing late. Elder H has been super fatigued the past 2 weeks and then 4 days ago, what do you know but he starts with the polydipsia and polyuria. Sounds pretty familiar right? So we've been running around all day trying to figure out his insurance information because his insurance card was stolen a few months back and he hasn't had it replaced yet. So we still haven't gotten into the lab work yet but I will let you know as soon as we know something. He's not to the extreme I was but he definitely is heading that way. It's like dejavu all over again.

I thought for sure Elder Mascarenas would leave first but I guess not. I'm sure I'd know him if I saw him. That's crazy about the basketball teams. Coach Cottrell must be doing a pretty good job with those boys. How is the competition for the girls? I'm sure the volleyball will be fun.

Elder H and I are both staying. The ward is fantastic and Bishop Hyatt is great. President Slaughter was at our building yesterday for some random reason and Bishop was essentially begging him for us to both stay and said he and the ward loved us. So that's exciting! I really love this ward and this area. I could stay here for a while. B still comes every single week and we're starting family history with him this week. He's been working on his names and then on Valentine's day, hopefully he'll be ready to go on the temple trip with some family names. B is so fantastic! I still get fed every single day. There are multiple families (one that's not even in our ward) that told us that if someone ever cancels dinner on us, then they will feed us. We're also going to have a couple lessons with nonmembers in members' homes. The Lord truly is hastening his work and the ward is responding! 
Love,
Elder Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment