Name Tage

Name Tage

Email Address

austin.montgomery@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Pitbulls or Chihuahuas

 I'm down town and in the ghetto. I'd say the topography just like the Atlanta area.  I get along with my companions quite well and it's sad that Elder E is going home. They speak Spanish with me when we think about it but we forget most of the time. I've still only ridden my bike once. I only ride my bike when I'm on exchanges in the other area. 
I don't have any ward callings but we usually teach Gospel Principles and fill in for other classes. Sometimes we prepare and bless the Sacrament. I don't think anyone looks to us as counselors but just when we do contacts, people will spill their entire lives to us. It's really weird. I don't know if it's because we're in the ghetto or because we're missionaries. Either way, I've heard some crazy things. We see gang members but we never see them together and we haven't had any problems. We haven't been chased by anything yet but there are a ton of pit bulls  Like everyone either has a pit bull or a Chihuahua. 
Transfers are every six weeks so two weeks from Wed. will be transfer meeting. Everyone checks in with the district leader, who checks in with the zone leaders, who checks in with the Assistants, who check in with President. Oh I'm like a 100% sure I'll be here next transfer. Since we do less active work, we tend to stick around in the area for a while. Our ward has the base so we have most of the military families but the ones who live off base mostly live in 1st ward. Oh we get fed a good amount. Usually by the military families (We only have three active families/people in our area that aren't military). We might get fed every day this week. Hooray!
 So it's crazy that Ben broke his arm playing soccer at Church. I guess that's not his sport, then. Good to hear that Madeline is doing better. 
 So this week was pretty cool for us. We had a baptism in the ward (the other missionaries) and he's about 65. He had to be baptized twice because his leg came up the first time but the Spirit was so super strong. Then at church when he received the Holy Ghost, the Spirit was super strong. While he was standing up, he said "Praise the Lord!" It was pretty cool even if it was atypical.  There are lots of cool families in our ward, especially the military families. Just some super cool people who you would really like.

Love,
Elder Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment