I had a good week like always. We have mission conference with Elder Golden tomorrow. He's the General Authority from South Africa. We ate dinner last night at the B's and he served Spanish speaking in Boston and guess who his mission president was? Dale Murphy of course! That's definitely interesting about Zach's ACL being split into two. Crazy how that kind of stuff in the bodyworks. He had visitors all weekend? I could hardly get any visitors for getting my wisdom teeth out. I guess I'm just not cool enough like him. That's good that Katie's achilles is getting better. At least someone was playing in Meet the Lions to keep the tradition alive. Sounds like Katie's team is stacked. Following in the footsteps of her other big brother. McDermott, my boy! What a stud! And that's awesome about Jabari. I hope he's able to get some good missionary opportunities out of it. . Well I am the Golden Child after all! Usually! Sometimes! Occasionally! On a good day, at least.
I thought you'd be interested to hear that I had my first crash on Monday. We were in a hurry to an appointment about 8 o clock and we were going down a huge hill and had to turn right onto a street. I got a little cocky and barely touched the brakes. When I turned the corner, I cut it too sharp and BOOM! My bike and I started tumbling and flipping. Of course, knowing my athletic prowess, I landed on my feet. That part isn't even a joke. You can do some crazy things when adrenaline is going like that. Luckily, I only had a couple of scrapes, nothing bad at all. I was so mad, though that I took off my helmet and threw it on the ground. I was convinced that I was going to make it the whole transfer without a crash.We always have to remember to stay humble or else we'll crash and fall. We have trials to humble us and not get cocky.It was pretty funny. I also think you'd like to know that my bike seat is as high as it goes right now. It's a miracle worker! Keep biking in Georgia or I'll come back and be able to get up Everest faster than you! (dad)
No comments:
Post a Comment