Name Tage

Name Tage

Email Address

austin.montgomery@myldsmail.net

Monday, November 4, 2013

We were Amen-ing, Hallelujah-ing, Dancing in our Chairs

I am definitely not fluent at all. Not even close. I can communicate and have a conversation but I still have to do a lot of translating in my brain. 
Haha Smoothie King gift cards for trick or treat are the jackpot! Ms. Terri is so smart.
No thinking about it! I am eating way more healthy now. I can count on one hand how many times I had fruits or vegetables in my last area. Now I eat them everyday. The soreness doesn't ever go away but I'm a lot more used to it. I'll probably be in this ward a while. This is Elder J's third transfer here. He started in Mission Creek like I did. We get along really well.
The ward here is good. Our calendar is already full for the rest of the month. There are lots of Returned Missionary's in the ward. I'd say my favorite meal was pork chops and mashed potatoes. I've also had some amazing home made ice cream and snickers brownies. I assumed you had used the internet to know about HEB but now I am intrigued. Did you ask Sister U or something?
Tell Aunt Adie that I definitely would choose Creighton. Maybe Clarke? 
We had a great week! The highlight was definitely going to Gladys Knight and the Saints United Voices choir on Saturday with an investigator. We were Amen-ing, Hallelujah-ing, dancing in our chairs, the whole bit! Georgia prepared me well to Amen. We definitely need more soul in our music. It's interesting that we sing the way we do because of the traditions of our fathers. The pioneers were hardened, reserved Europeans, so of course that's how our music is sung. We need to influx some soul and energy into it!
Oh and everyone should watch The Best Two Years. It's no joke. That's actually a lot what missionary work is like. So funny! 

Stay safe this week,

Love,
Elder Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment