Name Tage

Name Tage

Email Address

austin.montgomery@myldsmail.net

Monday, December 16, 2013

Birthday Week should be Pretty Awesome!

Utah smoked BYU?? That is most excellent news indeed! I'll make sure to let every BYU fan know about it. For real? Rand Rowland is a walk on player at Georgia Tech? Good for him. That's pretty cool. And that's awesome about Eric playing for Creighton. That's an amazing experience to be able to learn from such a great player and coach. I'm glad that G is doing better. That's so unreal that that happened.
That's awesome that you got to be with Elder B and his family! Wichita isn't too bad, I guess. He'll probably be full car for his mission. It's going well with Elder F. I'm guessing that you've talked to his mom a good bit from all of the questions. No we haven't had anymore accidents. I do not think that I'll be able to Skype but I'll ask President in interviews this week. 
It's been pretty slow lately. Most of our appointments have fallen through or something crazy will happen. We should have a lot more to talk about by next week. We are not trialing yet. The rumor is that we won't be getting them until September :/ But I'm sure we'll all get along until then. I did get everything I think. It was pretty stuffed. It's okay about the Christmas tree. Someone in the ward already gave us one. It's okay I really don't need much. Receiving letters is just as good as a present. It is a present! 
Birthday week should be pretty awesome! We're going on exchanges on my birthday and we're eating dinner with a basketball obsessed family. It should be good. And we went on exchanges this past week and I was with Elder B who is our new zone leader. If the name sounds familiar, it's because he was in the district with me over in Mission Creek. We sang in the ward choir yesterday for the Christmas program. It was good and fun! It wasn't Centerville and wasn't the same without Sister Regan directing us, but it was still a great experience! We actually went and saw Handel's Messiah 2 weeks ago. I thought Sister Regan would like to know that. One of the sisters in the stake puts it on every year and it is top notch. Pretty much everyone is trained and has been in some sort of production. There are lots of teachers and there was one who was in Vocal Point for 3 years. It was super awesome! It'll be a nice warm week so no jacket! That's pretty good news. You should hopefully get a picture on my birthday. I'll see what can be arranged. 
I have started reading the Christmas letters. I just read the dime one last night and I have the dime in my pocket right now. 
I've changed my approach to reading the Book of Mormon this transfer. I'm soaking it in verse by verse and learning different, almost random things from each verse. I'm still in chapter 2 of 1 Nephi. I usually only get through around 3 verses. In 1 Nephi 1:20, Nephi says, "But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender cmercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of ddeliverance." From this simple half verse, we learn that Nephi already knows what he is going to write. These events that he is recounting have already occurred and he's taking the important things to show unto us, the people of the last days. He tells us that he is writing for us and our day. Everything he writes has thought and effort put into it. It's up to us to find out what it is. For one thing, he prefaces the rest of his writings by saying he will show us the tender mercies of the Lord. This will be his focus for the rest of 1 Nephi. We learn how the Lord will always deliver the righteous. We must constantly be on the lookout for examples of this and then learn from them. I testify that Nephi was a prophet here on the American continent and that his account is for us in these last days. We can learn many things from this great prophet including how to trust the Lord even in the darkest of times and severest of trials. 

Love,
Elder Montgomery


No comments:

Post a Comment