That's awesome about Zach and BYU-HI! You really do have to start all of the mission stuff pronto. That would be awesome if Elder H. Weiler went there as well.
I'm not getting lots of packages and gifts. Yet. I'm still holding out hope. Tis the season..That'll be a good time with Elder B and his family. The ward is doing well. It's definitely the loudest ward I've ever been in. Soooo many screaming babies it's crazy. It's hard to concentrate.. (mom insert, "no worries son, you aren't the only one".)
The holidays keep us busy with meetings and other stuff but it's a lot harder to meet with people. I did indeed have to use the cold weather clothes this past week. It was literally below freezing. The coat and gloves did wonders! No more accidents at all. Some close calls but no accidents. :)
Something interesting I read recently by President Benson was about the timeline of the Restoration and the Book of Mormon. The first thing that happened was the First Vision and in it, God revealed to Joseph Smith the nature of the Godhead and also the important work he had to do. But the very next grand event was the translation of the Book of Mormon. Before the priesthood was restored, before the Church was organized, before temples, the Book of Mormon was translated and published. Does this not reveal to us the importance that God places on the Book of Mormon? Should we not also regard this book in the same light? The Book of Mormon is the keystone to our religion. Those who escudrinar the Book of Mormon and then pray with real intent will come to know of its divine origins. The pioneers were not simple minded followers who gave their lives for naught. Yet if we continue to set the Book of Mormon aside, we will trample the value of these honorable men and women. I give my testimony that the Book of Mormon is true. Put my name to it and my very soul. To quote Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, "I want it absolutely clear when I stand before the judgment bar of God that I declared to the world, in the most straightforward language I could summon, that the Book of Mormon is true." No tengo ninguna duda. En el nombre de Jesus Cristo, Amen.
Con amor,
Elder Montgomery

No comments:
Post a Comment