Name Tage

Name Tage

Email Address

austin.montgomery@myldsmail.net

Monday, December 2, 2013

The Light of the Sun, Moon, and Stars, Come Directly from Christ

My companion's name is Elder F. He is from Kaysville, Utah. He has been out close to 14 months. He is about 5'10" ish or so? We get along well. I do miss Elder J. He went over to Randolph to be the East ZL. I'm not sore any more from the bike crash but I still have a couple of bruises.
Thank you very much for the package. As luck would have it, it's been too warm to use anything since I got it. I'm sure I'll put it all to good use once January and February rolls around. The gloves do fit so no worries there. We do have the Christmas scent in and it's a welcome relief. Our apartment usually would smell like weed so Christmas is a welcome smell. No word yet on calls or skyping yet. We can pretty much call anytime of the day so I'll let you know the Monday before Christmas what time I'll be calling. 
Oh goodness gracious Ben is singing @ Candlelight? They've created a monster! What do I need for Christmas? I honestly don't really need anything. I can always eat treats. I guess I'll try to think of something I could use but right now I don't know. 
So as we all know, it was transfer meeting this past week. What people don't know though, is that I had to go to the pulpit and do a Book of Mormon share in front of all the missionaries in San Antonio. It was probably about 45 seconds and I talked about Thanksgiving. I was so nervous. Craziness! Thanksgiving was fun! I didn't remember to have anyone take and send a picture but I'll try and do that sometime this week. 
I'm teaching seminary tomorrow. Originally, Elder J was going to teach but he left so now I have to teach about his training. So this stuff is not an Elder Montgomery original. The question came to Elder J's mind about Abinadi. What makes it so that Abinadi glows/shines? There are a few other examples where this happens including Moses, Nephi and Lehi the sons of Helaman, and of course, Christ. We read in Doctrine and Covenants 88 that all light and power, including the light of the sun, moon, and stars, come directly from Christ and his acts. Christ even declares that he is "the light of the world." All light in the entire universe comes directly because of Christ. One other thing we know is that every person is born with the light of Christ (Moroni 7:18). Everyone is inherently light at birth. So it is established that any light, whether the sun or a human, comes directly from God. What then determines how much light is in a person and gives the appearance of shining? Luke 11:34 gives us the answer to this. "The light of the body is the eye: therefore, when thine eye is single (to the glory of God), thy whole body also is full of light." The old adage "The eye is the window to the soul" is the absolute truth. Lift up thine eyes to the glory of God and do the things which he has asked us. When keeping the commandments, one is glorifying God and also submitting themselves to him. Their eyes look up and have not cast down their gaze to darkness. Continue to look up to God and keep his commandments.
This light is not something made up. People can physically tell the difference of somebody who has the light of Christ radiating from within themselves and those that don't. I share an example Elder J and I had a few weeks ago. We were knocking doors when this one guy opened the door. Before anyone could say anything, we both knew that he was a member keeping the commandments. There was a certain light in him that we were able to discern. People see this light in us. Maybe they don't understand it but they certainly recognize something different. Do not be ashamed of it. It is the light of Christ burning within! Have a good start to December!

Love,
Elder Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment