I would rotate my shoes but the first pair is already destroyed. The quality of the shoes just isn't very good. The tops of the shoes scrape off and the soles come off easily (before the glue). They should last a couple more months and then I'll buy some nice ones. Marzipan is a very nice little kitten. The angle did kind of make it look like I was going to crush it. But I really wasn't! Everyone is sick right now. We only had around half our ward yesterday because a lot of the families got knocked out by some sort of Cedar Fever or some other sickness with a tree in it. No I didn't find it too hard to refocus after our Christmas call. I think with e-mail and stuff it makes it a lot easier to not become unfocused after a call. The girlfriend thing is a different matter. I'd say in over 90% of cases, one shouldn't have a girlfriend while on a mission. Kind of limits the number of letters you get from different people, right? :) But it can be distracting for a lot of missionaries. Not all. But most
For the real message now. Why is it that we celebrate the New Year? I venture to suppose that it is because it's the pinnacle of both wisdom and hope. One may look back at the past year with a complete view at all of the things they have accomplished, learned, and not achieved. Yet at the same time, the New Year offers so much hope. It's the perfect time to look at the past year's successes and then make PLANS on how you can build on it in the coming year. Too often we make New Years Goals or Resolutions without make plans. A goal without a plan is almost guaranteed to be forgotten by February. Make plans on how you can better yourself this coming year. Take something you did well last year and build upon it. Say you read the scriptures once a week this past year. That's a good start! Don't jump into despair because of the other 6 days. Build upon the positive. Make a goal to read the scriptures every day and then make some plans. For example, I will set my alarm 15 minutes earlier and use that time to read the scriptures and start my day off right. I will keep myself accountable by telling everyone about my goal so that they may help me succeed. Plans are the key to success! Make plans to be better missionaries! Beware of the idea that "All is well in Zion." The Lord's work never stops. Not after Sunday, not after your mission, and not after this mortal life. Esfuércese a hacer todo posible! We are the laborers in the allegory of the vineyard in Jacob. Have a very Happy New Years and please be safe/smart.
Les quiero,

No comments:
Post a Comment