Name Tage

Name Tage

Email Address

austin.montgomery@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Adversity is On Purpose and It's What Makes Us Who We Are

Oh I can't believe Matt is home! I'm sure he's doing great! I'm glad Zach can start his papers and I'm sure everything will get figured out for the Eagle project. I will guess Phoenix, AZ for Duncan.
My new companion is Elder M who is from some little town in Nevada near Las Vegas. He has been out for 21 months and was a Zone Leader for the past 6 transfers so he's a tremendous missionary and he has absolutely fantastic Spanish. Fluent Spanish. He's helping me out a lot and I can definitely see an improvement. He's very, very smart and loves math and debate. He went to BYU for a year. He's not really a sports guy but he said he's down to try. We've had a pretty good week. I ate Red Lobster for the first time and it was quite delicious. We're working really hard and I'm sure we will find some people soon to teach. We're definitely on the brink. I can feel it strongly.
I've been thinking a lot about adversity lately. It comes in all sorts of different forms. Laziness, heartache, illness, not advancing, etc... It's truly what teaches us, though. God's plan is so tremendous! Que milagro! Adversity is on purpose and it's what makes us who we are. I would not be anywhere near I am today without adversity and being taught about humility.
Love,
Elder Montgomery


Dad,
Oh wow even you gave them a lower case c. (side note if you play ball in Lakeview's Region, you know who this sentence is referring too ;) ) They must have been up to no good recently. 
Wow Matt is home already! And he spoke! I can't even believe it. 
That's very true about the agency thing. Definitely something that I've learned on my mission.
Things have been going pretty well. I am keeping a journal. I didn't really write anything during Timber Ridge but I'm trying to make up for it now. My bike is doing alright. I don't think they did that great of a job because it still squeaks but I don't really know. 
My Spanish is getting better especially with my new companion, Elder M. He has tremendous Spanish! Very very good! He's helping me out a lot. We don't really have that many investigators at all but we're doing work. I'm definitely trying to stay strong and I hope you can continue to serve and help other people.

Love,
Elder Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment