Email Address
austin.montgomery@myldsmail.net
Menudo, It's Like Trying to Eat Jelly Fish...
What! Matt Ben and Joseph are already home?!? They just left! How is their Spanish? That's great that she did so well in surgery! I did hear about the snow but nobody told me the extent of the damage. But I am in a Spanish ward so there is a little bit of a language barrier. But wow that is crazy! Hahaha I'm sure that was a ton of fun at El Jinete. You didn't offer to do the dishes? Yes we realize that men are at work during that time but if that stopped the work then we wouldn't be able to do anything until 5 everyday. It's even worse in the Mexican culture. Every single male is working from dark to dark no matter the age. There is no such thing as retirement. Haha yes I know that Elder G is from Pleasant Grove. He told me last week that you and his mom were e-mailing. He knows the Thatchers and he says to say hi. I'm pretty sure I'll stay in the ward but I think Elder S will probably finish off his mission as a Zone Leader. President has been doing that a lot lately with Elders in their last transfer. We haven't been too warm here either (obviously not snow but cold for Texas) and this week is supposed to stay cold. I am not too excited. Sometimes I think I should've been sent to Costa Rica or Puerto Rico. No lengua lately but I can 100% guarantee that I'll have it again before my mission ends. I did try menudo on Monday, though. I would take the lengua 7 days out of 6. It's like trying to eat jelly fish. On Monday we ate with a member and they have a nephew living with them. We taught the Restoration and he said he would like to learn more but he seemed kind of disinterested. Plus he works a lot. We'll see, though. Tuesday was exchanges and I was with Elder M. Let me just restate that I hate the cold. I froze to death on the bike but we did go eat to Olive Garden with the B family. First time ever! It's pretty tasty I must say! Nothing else really happened this week. It was pretty slow. Yesterday we ate at one of the English member's homes. His name is Bro. P and he is one of my new role models! He is a Aircraft Crew Chief in the Air Force and he's been overseas a couple of times. He's half Puerto Rican and half... Virgin Islandese?. He speaks awesome Spanish and Portuguese and he's a fantastic chef! He's awesome. Tonight I'm going over to the Zone Leaders' area for exchanges so that should be lots of fun! Hopefully, it warms up in Georgia.
Love,
Elder Montgomery
No comments:
Post a Comment