Name Tage

Name Tage

Email Address

austin.montgomery@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

All Sins Start from Within, All in the Name of Pride and Selfishness.

Well...
So my first impression was Bro Doyle's missionary board. That is quite possibly the coolest thing I have ever seen! I'll get some pictures to you soon so that it can be updated. That is so impressive! He's doing a great job! 



I'm excited that Zach got his stuff approved. 2 months is enough time, I think? That will all get figured out I'm sure. I did get the package from Sis K. I have about 5 more letters to write and then I'll send them all off this week. That's good that the girls played so well this year. I hope they do well in the tournament. I'm sure the girls will benefit from this break. Just let them keep working and they'll get where they want. Hopefully Ben goes to a good baseball team!

We can only do so much with our own agency. We should support in this time. Love, true Christlike love or charity in it's simplest form is all we can do. I'm not suggesting enabling but rather finding out what is best.  We should do our best to help her with any righteous actions. Agency does not mean that we can decide to sin just because we can. Moral agency is only exercised when you choose to do the right. A 10 year old shouldn't be left at home on Sunday simply because he doesn't want to go. Sure he has the ability to choose his actions, but we should "help" him choose the right. Nevertheless, people can act in any way and are not limited simply because God does not want it to occur. The consequences, however, are set in stone. What we can do is to help people recognize the true consequences and results of sin. If we search the Book of Mormon, especially 2 Nephi Chapter 2, we find ample examples of the true purpose of life here on earth. Verse 25 tells us that "los hombres exiesten para que tengan gozo" or that men exist so that they can have joy. Some people may jump on that as an excuse to do what they want in the name of "joy." Of course, there is a difference between joy and pleasure and that is what must be recognized. Seeking pleasure is just what is suggested in verse 27, in that men can choose according to the flesh. They don't actually choose to follow the devil, but rather they choose to listen to their own selfish desires. All sins start from within all in the name of pride and selfishness. So the question I ask all of you is what is the difference between pleasure and true joy? How does that affect how you act, what you do, and who you are? 


Happy Birthday and Valentine's day Mom!
Love,
Elder Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment