We actually got a brand new bishopric yesterday. The new bishop is definitely younger than Dad. But he basically did exactly what Bro Frandsen is going to do. He was in the Bishopric for a few months and then he became the new bishop. So make sure you tell him that for me :) My companion is great! Elder Snow is a ton of fun! I've been blessed with really good companions so far!
That's very true about the pioneers. When it was cold and rainy and we were on the bikes, I could not figure out how in the world the Pioneers were able to go through the snow. It was just no fun. But they did indeed leave their legacy. They were not fools. They were not blind mice following a false prophet. Some of the most intellectual and noble minds were a part of that group. They were not deceived. They knew exactly what they were doing. The commandments of the Lord override all else. Perhaps people will think we are weird or even maybe crazy. But they would do it all over again in a heart beat. And so would I. I don't think there's any coincidence that the message of 1 Nephi 3:7 in found in the first pages of the Book of Mormon. I will go and do the thing which the Lord commands for he does provide a way. The Lord doth provide. Trust in that promise and keep his commandments.
Love,
Elder Montgomery
Hahaha I do remember feeling the same way. I'm sure glad I'm not in school right now. It does feel like I just graduated, though and I was dressed up all silly with the gloves and whatnot. The CDs in Spanish,It should work. We listen to other talks in the car so I'm sure that one will. Oh I'm excited now!!! Being able to hear and read doctrine in different languages adds so much more to the depth of my understanding. Sometimes it's just expressed better in Spanish. I'm doing great! I really don't need anything. Just make sure Zach has good, durable stuff. Good shoes, pants, shirts and suits. Especially suits.. I'm super excited for Zach's call! It'll be so much fun! Have a fun week!
Love,
Elder Montgomery
No comments:
Post a Comment