For transfers,
We will start with the Heritage A companionship. Elder Le S is staying and Elder C is leaving. And now for Adams Hill. Elder McM is staying and will be finishing his mission in Adams Hill. Elder Montgomery is....... leaving! Elder McM will be training a new missionary during his last transfer.
So I'm leaving Adams Hill this week. I've really enjoyed these three months here and I've definitely become a much better missionary and person during this time (Lots of thanks goes to Elder McM for that). I may even say that this has been one of my favorite areas! I've absolutely loved it! Now we'll see where I'll be spending General Conference!
Guesses for Zach:
Elder McM- Japan Tokyo
Elder Le S- California Arcadia
Elder C- California San Francisco
Me- California Ventura
So it looks like Zach might be going to California.
It's quite unfortunate to hear about BYU-HI but it will all work out I'm sure. I'd definitely look into Westminster. Other than that, I don't really have any other ideas right now. Sounds like it should be a pretty busy and exciting week!
It is indeed starting to warm up here in Texas. Thank goodness. I would much rather be on a bike in the summer than in the winter.
We had a very interesting week. So my shoes were absolutely trashed. I'm sending them home so you can bronze them. But there was more tape than shoe so they weren't very functional. We called the mission office to see what they could do and they could only find one store nearby who had size 16 shoes. The name of the store is Big Shoes and they actually have a site online. I'd say with Zach's shoes to make sure that you just go ahead and get the super durable name brand shoes and stay as far away as possible from the shoes I had. It's definitely worth it and much cheaper in the long run. On Saturday, I was on exchanges with Elder M in Heritage B. It was great fun! We talked to a lot of people and rode about 20 miles! I did somehow, however, manage to mangle my front rim. It's bent pretty badly but still barely rideable. I'm going to see if I can get it fixed when I go to Transfers.
I'm so very excited for General Conference this weekend!!! I can honestly say that I look more forward to Conference than I do Christmas. There is so much spiritual nourishment that it takes 6 months to soak it all in! I invite all to listen to and watch conference. Take notes. We have living prophets today so we should make sure we know what they are talking about. What a blessing it is to live in this day and time in which we can instantly hear and see these men and women of God! Soak in Conference for all its worth, and then apply what you learn.
Love,
Elder Montgomery
To Padre:
Wow! Spring break already! I feel like the school year just started! You definitely need to go do some biking! Just make sure you don't bend your rim like I did this week :)! That would be fun to have them go to some camps during the summer! It can definitely be hard but maybe this is your chance to really learn volleyball, just like you tried to with football and baseball! Oh I'm definitely not the perfect child! Close, but not quite :) I'm sure you'd be interested to know that my English has become gradually worse with the more Spanish I speak. Don't be surprised if I say some funny sounding things. I'll try to remember to do some video diaries. I just lose track of the time sometimes. I can't believe I'm already getting transferred! I'm trying to take more pictures so hopefully that will help me remember. Have a good week and have fun at Smoothie King on Saturday.
Love,
Elder Montgomery
No comments:
Post a Comment