Name Tage

Name Tage

Email Address

austin.montgomery@myldsmail.net

Monday, April 7, 2014

The Mission is the Ultimate Refiner's Fire.

It's definitely interesting to be back covering the same area. It's like going back to middle school and realizing how much you've changed. I honestly had no idea what I was doing. And I'm sure in 6 months I'll look back and say the exact same thing. The mission is the ultimate refiner's fire and if you're willing to push yourself, you will see tremendous growth. Well since it was conference, there weren't a whole ton of people there at the building, but the ones that were there were pretty surprised to see me again. I can claim to have served in every single ward in that building. Yes we were both surprised that we were being doubled in. They gave us no heads up. But it's okay because the last Elder who was there became a Zone Leader and he had the area super nice and organized for us. It's going well with Elder S. It's really, really weird having a companion younger than me now. I've been the youngest in every single one of my districts since I started. I am very excited to be back in the district. We have some of the nicest apartments in the mission so I cannot complain one bit. Elder G is not still around. He was actually in my zone last transfer. 
General conference was as good as I could have ever hoped for. I honestly can say I loved it more than Christmas! I was just so uplifted by the speakers. One of my favorite would definitely have to be by Elder Uchtdorf about gratitude. Rather than being grateful for things, we must be grateful in things. It is imperative that we have an attitude of gratitude! Rather than drinking from the bottle of bitterness, we should raise up to our lips the goblet of gratitude. No matter what we have or where we are, we should be grateful and cheerful. Nothing will drive out the bitterness like a good dose of thankfulness. Another one of my favorites was Elder Oaks' discourse during the Priesthood session about how we all work under the power and authority of the Priesthood. It is my sincere prayer that we will take what we have learned from Conference and apply it. As Elder Hales said in the October Conference, the greatest blessings come afterwards. If you haven't yet had a chance to see all of conference, I encourage that you do so by going to LDS.org. Soon the talks will be uploaded for both watching and reading. Lives do truly change because of Conference. Have a tremendous Spring Break!
Love,
Elder Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment