Utah Salt Lake City South Spanish...The Assistants already called this morning to tell us. We heard it very clearly! Rumor is That he gets to go on splits with GA's. That'd be pretty nerve wracking, especially in Spanish.
Sounds like it was a party at home last night! I am happy Zach had such great support from everyone! No worries about Utah. It's actually pretty funny because Elder G always said that if I'd gone SLC, I would've learned much better Spanish and it's very true. People who serve in SLC have great Spanish. Will I make fun of him just like I make fun of all Utah missionaries? Of course! But everyone who serves in Salt Lake loves it and he will be able to baptize so many people. Haha and he'll probably get fat too from all the delicious Mexican food. Oh and I'm pretty sure my area right now is bigger than his entire mission but that's okay haha. Also, I'm sure everyone has already realized this, but we will be literally about 20 minutes away from each other for about a year. So we'll see what happens there. Maybe I'll go visit some Spanish branches to keep up my language... People in Utah will send you pictures! I'm not sure if the Spanish members will but random people will.
Yes, I did wear the pink tie. Thank you very much for the Easter package. Copenhagen..Maybe that's where you two will go on a senior mission , since you both picked it for one of us!
The singing is going pretty well. We as a district sang in Sacrament meeting yesterday and the temple president just happened to be there. We sang Come Thou Fount and he said we knocked his socks off. We did pretty well for a bunch of unmusical Elders. We're still just trying to meet everybody. We have a long list of less actives so we try to meet everyone and clear the blind spots, so to speak. Find people to teach through them.
I still am just in awe of how time flies. It was almost exactly a year ago that I opened my mission call. I remember it being a very distant thought of Zach opening his call and now we know where he's going! I'll have to figure out what I can do to help in Spanish but I know he'll come back with better Spanish than me, especially going to Mexico! That will be so much fun! Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Montgomery
To Padre:
Hahahaha before my mission I would've put Salt Lake as one of my top 5 place to not go as well, but now, I'd definitely put it in the top 5 places in the US I'd want to go. Especially since he gets to speak Spanish. He'll be completely taken care of and he'll baptize like crazy!
Elder S said there was no fiasco at the Mexico MTC when he landed so I don't know what happened. He said it just goes by really quickly and to start practicing Spanish because as soon as he lands, it will only be Spanish.
Sounds like it will be a busy few weeks but it shouldn't be any other way. Being busy is definitely the way to be. My week went pretty well. We still don't have anyone that's very close to baptism but we'll get there pretty soon. My studies are going pretty well! I started in John and then went to Matthew and now I'm in Mark. Starting in John was definitely a good idea. I still haven't gotten my tire fixed because they said it was going to be a new rim which is pretty pricey so hopefully I just won't be in any bike areas for a while. I don't speak too much Spanish with Elder S but we're doing better and he's improving. I help him out more with grammar and such and I speak more with Elder. T, our district leader who's a native speaker. His parents also live in Zach's mission so he was pretty excited! A little less than 3 weeks and I'll be able to talk to you. Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Montgomery
No comments:
Post a Comment