I thought Elder Z. Montgomery might be leaving here pretty soon. Just think tomorrow he goes to Utah and we'll be be in the same state for a little bit. Then in another year we'll be in the same city. I hope his phone call is more insightful than mine. I've heard it's dangerous but there are still missionaries out in the city nonetheless. I've heard that they have some tremendous street food, though, from our members. Cheap, delicious, and lots of it. The work is going well.
A lot of our people have been in Mexico or just disappeared for some reason so we're always working on finding people. It's fun being on the bike. Lots of fun. Elder C and I get along great. He is from Delta, Utah. He likes basketball and played Varsity Soccer for 4 years. The food we are getting has been pretty good lately. Our Bishop took us to a hamburger joint which was delicious! It's called TJ's. And then the next day the member made hamburgers. And then the next day the members gave us some delicious broiled lemon pepper fish from a good restaurant. So nothing eventful at all.
I'm excited for the opportunity to play with some of the NBA players. Sounds like great things are going on in the world of basketball!
The Book of Mormon is the cornerstone of our religion. Without it, where are we? Nowhere. It is a testament of Jesus Christ and all those who truly want to develop a relationship with their Savior must study and ponder the message contained therein. The ancient prophets who wrote in the book declared that they did so that they might convince and persuade their brethren (all of us) to come unto an understanding of their relationship with God and his Son, Jesus Christ; than we might learn his doctrine and live his Gospel; that only through repentance made possible through Christ's Atonement, could we be perfected and live with God again. The Book of Mormon is the foundation of my testimony of my Savior. The Bible helps and they testify of one another, but one will grow closer unto God by living the precepts outlined in the Book of Mormon than any other book. All good things come of God! Have a tremendous week and study Chapter 5 of Preach My Gospel.
Love,
Elder Montgomery
Sounds like a fun time with all the work at Lakeview! I don't most people know how hard you work there, esp. in the summer. I'm glad my work is something that I enjoy as well. Nothing like Preaching the Gospel! I'm doing fantastic. I really enjoy the bike even though it's going to be over a 100 degrees all week. I'm going on an exchange with E. Jackson on Friday and I'm super excited for that! The diet isn't too hard to maintain. I just portion accordingly. I bought some flounder today. I sure hope it tastes delicious. I'll let you know. Love you too and have a great phone call with Zach.
Sounds like a fun time with all the work at Lakeview! I don't most people know how hard you work there, esp. in the summer. I'm glad my work is something that I enjoy as well. Nothing like Preaching the Gospel! I'm doing fantastic. I really enjoy the bike even though it's going to be over a 100 degrees all week. I'm going on an exchange with E. Jackson on Friday and I'm super excited for that! The diet isn't too hard to maintain. I just portion accordingly. I bought some flounder today. I sure hope it tastes delicious. I'll let you know. Love you too and have a great phone call with Zach.
Love,
Elder Montgomery
No comments:
Post a Comment