Yes can your veggies if you can. I LOVE tomatoes and peppers now. I bought some today.
Quietness can definitely be a lot more relaxing. I'm not living with other Elders. Elder G finally went up to Austin. The P's got married this past weekend. We have a few investigators right now but I'm still meeting all of them so I'll fill in the info next week. So far, the biggest problem seems to be that no one is married. Is this just a Southside thing or is it like this in the really nice areas too? Maybe one day I'll know.
We played pickle ball and disc golf last Monday. It was super fun! Nothing too crazy going on.
Oh, I did speak in Sacrament meeting yesterday. That makes 3 talks in Spanish and 1 in English. It really doesn't bother me to talk anymore. I hope that this confidence stays with me after the mission as well. I hope that you have a wonderful week at home without the girls. It's good to have a break but it's also good to spend time together. Let's just make sure we all grow enough that we'll enjoy all of eternity together. :)
Love,
Elder Montgomery
Padre's Letter.
Well that's definitely a start! I was able to do 7 chin ups in a row today. Getting stronger every day! Keep it up and you'll be able to do it in no time at all! It definitely takes discipline. Self discipline is one of the greatest things I've learned so far on the mission and I'm continuing to work on it. A lot of it has to do with what I'm currently studying, which is humility. Humility is much more than just being meek and teachable. It's being grateful at all times and for all things. Why wait until the rainbow to give thanks for the rain? I've been studying it on and off for the past 3 weeks or so but it hit me pretty good today. I was getting a little frustrated that I haven't left San Antonio yet and gone to Austin and that our apartment didn't have a washer and dryer or a gym. When I was studying, it hit me pretty hard. At least I'm not in Central or South America cleaning my clothes with a rock. They definitely don't have gyms. I know it's the little silly conveniences of a State side missionary but it impacted me a good bit. I'm going to make the best of being in 5th ward and this area is going to be on fire. I'm in a car share so I ride the bike every other day. My companion is pretty good. Elder C has been out about 9 months or so. I see a lot of similarities between him and me (missionary wise). He's a pretty good studier and has pretty good Spanish. A really good test taker, etc. The biggest thing I'm trying to help him develop is confidience and passion. These are the two things in which I've grown the most lately and it has helped me tremendously. I realize it's a process but I hope that I'll be at my best by the end. Have a good week off, but as an investigator once said, "Idleness is the devil's playground."
Love,Elder Montgomery
No comments:
Post a Comment