Name Tage

Name Tage

Email Address

austin.montgomery@myldsmail.net

Friday, July 19, 2013

Final Week in The MTC

Oh poor Uncle Curtis. No girl for him this time. Maybe next time. Let's see. Craig, Carl, Chandler, or Chase. I really like Chandler and Chase. Oh and the middle name should be Austin without a doubt. 

That's so cool about Elder T. He sounds like a beast! I wish I could meet him. I'm super excited that you're getting to know the missionaries so well now. 

Well it's been hot and humid for forever here so I think it'll be okay when I get to San Antonio. Hmmm sunscreen. I'll try to remember but I've always had a problem with it. We haven't really heard anything at all about the missionary attire changes except for the no backpack rule and khakis but I think a light gray suit would be sick. My gray pants are definitely my favorites. 

Oh yup Elder P is in our district and he's a great kid. You can tell he grew up in Provo but he's definitely here to do business. His mom is pretty awesome, too. She sends the whole district food sometimes. We fly out of SLC and then have a layover in Dallas/FTW for about an hour until we fly to San Antonio.. Well Lakeview does always start late but they still get out around the same time as everyone else.

So I don't remember if I told you or not but we have had a new teacher for these final two weeks because our other teacher went on vacation. Our new teacher is a HOMIE! He's 22 and served in Uruguay (He got to serve at 18 because his dad was a mission president) and he is hilarious. He has the greatest stories in the world. One of his converts was an accountant and did accounting for the Miami Heat and Google and other sweet stuff. Another convert was a professional soccer player in Uruguay. He's so cool. Oh and his best friend is Ian Harward, the same 6'11" Ian Harward who played for BYU and served in San Antonio speaking Spanish. So he's gonna try and get me the hookup with some good information. 

I also advise you to watch Elder Holland's Safety for the Soul. It's the most powerful testimony I've ever heard. Pay specific attention to his countenance. We had In Field Orientation yesterday for 8 hours but it wasn't too bad. On Tuesday we took a picture in the Mariott Center with everyone in the MTC at that time (which was after we listened to President Hinckley's son of course). So our Branch President, President Jolley, is the coolest man in the world. I want to be just like him when I grow up. He still balls 3x a week and gardens everyday. Him and his wife are so cool! That's about all that's happened here. 


Could you please share to everyone to not send any more things to the MTC starting today because I won't get them before I leave. Could you just put the Mission Address for them?

 I'll call you on Wednesday.
 
Con amor,
Elder Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment