Okay so nothing too interesting happened this week. I saw Elder Bunch on Wednesday in the book store and we took a picture with his camera because mine is somehow already dead. He's going to send it to his parents on his P day and I told him to tell them to send it to you. I'm sorry to hear about Coach Vining's mother.
I met an Elder named Elder Daniels and he said that his mom knew you and it was pretty dang crazy. I've met so many people with connections to people I know here. It's nuts. On Sunday, we had a devotional from George Durrant and Susan Black (I think that's her name at least). So they both lost their spouse and they got married. They're super well known in the church and I don't really have time to expound on them but I'll share a couple of things that stuck out to me. Elder Durrant was super funny and cracking jokes the whole time but his message was be bold. Being bold doesn't mean being loud though. It means just doing what you should and not being afraid to overcome your fears. After his talk, I've noticed boldness so often in the Book of Mormon. It truly is important. I learned from Sister Black that we shouldn't just read, but we should study! I know I used to be guilty of that. On Monday, we played soccer and I had two assists. I've still yet to score a goal. :( I'm super pumped for everyone's mission calls! They're all sweet! On Tuesday, we heard from Elder Kendrick. One thing that I really liked was about personal revelation. He said, "The Lord never gives us a floodlight when a flashlight is sufficient." I really liked that because we aren't going to have super miraculous things happen to us when all we need is a little prompting. After the devotional, Sister Jolley (Our Branch President's wife) said that Tess said hello and I thought that was pretty sweet. I guess I was meant to start in beginner so I could be transfered to this intermediate district with all these wonderful people and connections. On Wednesday we taught a member and we decided to talk about obedience. We get into talk with him and of course he had fought in Vietnam, been in the Air Force, and worked for the FBI. I think he taught us more than we taught him. Oh and a district in another zone just moved in next to us and guess where they're all going: Atlanta North. So I know you won't see them but I'm gonna give them all the hookups and down low. We have a new teacher because Hermana Kitto went on vacation. His name is Hermano Bulloch and he served in Uruguay. He may be the funniest person I've ever met. He could be Brian Regan's twin. Well that's about it for this past week. Until next week.
Con amor,
Elder Montgomery
P.S. I just got a package today with all the ties. I'm super pumped to wear them
No comments:
Post a Comment