I'm in the Mission Creek ward but the Mission Creek B area (The ward is split into two areas). My companions' names are Elders E and G. Elder E is from Canada and has lived pretty much everywhere and Elder G. is from West Valley Utah. We're not in a Spanish area and since they're native speakers, they usually take care of anyone we meet who is Spanish. We spend most of our time on reactivation because probably only 20% of the members in the area are active. We've taught way more African Americans than Hispanics. Everyone has asked, if I play basketball. It's cool though. It helps me relate even more in the hood.
We don't go out till 12 everyday and we spend more time in the car going to Less Actives than knocking. Humidity and heat is like Georgia just more. I feel bad for the Utahans.
Thank you for the food! We have a car but, tomorrow on exchanges I'm going to ride my bike for the first time. Don't worry I won't play real basketball with the elders but we actually have athletes in our area. It's like President Howick did when he was in charge of the Inner City Atlanta. We've noticed a trend that it's pretty much a requirement to be an athlete or Hispanic to go to our area. In fact, Ian Harward was in the area 2 years ago. No one knows him but his name is all over our area book.
I'll look out for an Elder M, shouldn't be too hard to remember. Thank you so much for everything.
Love,
Elder Montgomery
No comments:
Post a Comment